ArtPrize Artist Matthew Sutherland. Keep up to date with everything ArtPrize. Grand Rapids, Michigan
Renascentia is an oil painting on paper depicting feminine forms deeply embedded within transparent and opaque layers of paint which describe the essence of fabric. Renascentia is the Latin terminology for the word "rebirth". This piece is a metaphorical reflection of a personal spiritual rebirth. - Karyn Alise VogelpohlRead More
My entry is a large-scale flower painting -- part of a body of work which springs from my dual interests in old-fashioned garden flowers, and seventeenth and eighteenth century European botanical still life. This ten-foot round canvas is based on one of the varieties of dahlia I am growing in my garden: the "chocolate" variety of "Karma Dahlia." Dahlias interest me, in part, because we cherish and propagate their gaudy mutations. They are among the species whose reproductive success is due, in large part, to their ability to seduce humans into propagating them in large numbers. I like this strange inter-species relationship. The flower itself, becomes art, with the plant's genetic material as medium.Read More
The Riverview Center is the perfect location to start your ArtPrize journey. Enjoy the benefit of free parking. Tour our building's first floor art prize exhibits from the North lobby to the South lobby. We are located on the Grand River next to the river walk, a paved path that leads you to the heart side of downtown. Enjoy a variety of outdoor ArtPrize exhibits along the way.Read More
Kumi's work at the GRAM is incredible! You have to see it in person.
Showing at 25 Michigan Grand Rapids, MI 49503
QR Code for ArtPrize 2012 Artist Matthew Sutherland
Showing at 25 Michigan Street NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503
ArtPrize awards a total of $360,000 determined solely by public vote. This turns everyone from passive observer into active participant. Voting is free and open to anyone 16 years of age or older.
How the public vote works:
- Round 1 (Sept. 19 – Sept. 29): 11 days to explore ArtPrize and vote for the entries you think should win.
- Round 2 (Sept. 30 – Oct. 4): 5 days to cast one vote for your favorite of the Top 10 entries.
How do I vote?
Voting does not open until Wednesday, September 19 at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
Anyone can have an account on artprize.org, but to keep everything fair, all voters must activate their account in-person with a valid government-issued ID.
Once activated, you can vote three ways. Try them all:
- Visit artprize.org – Sign in on your computer or mobile device. Search for the artist, or enter their artist number.
- Text Message – Vote by SMS text messaging if you register your mobile phone on artprize.org. Once registered, send the artist’s Up or Down number to 808080.
- Free Mobile App – Download the ArtPrize iPhone app from the iTunes store or the Android app from the Android Marketplace.
Medical Mile Food Court
25 Michigan Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503