ArtPrize awards a total of $360,000 determined solely by public vote. This turns everyone from passive observer into active participant. Voting is free and open to anyone 16 years of age or older.
How the public vote works:
- Round 1 (Sept. 19 – Sept. 29): 11 days to explore ArtPrize and vote for the entries you think should win.
- Round 2 (Sept. 30 – Oct. 4): 5 days to cast one vote for your favorite of the Top 10 entries.
How do I vote?
Voting does not open until Wednesday, September 19 at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
Anyone can have an account on artprize.org, but to keep everything fair, all voters must activate their account in-person with a valid government-issued ID.
Once activated, you can vote three ways. Try them all:
- Visit artprize.org – Sign in on your computer or mobile device. Search for the artist, or enter their artist number.
- Text Message – Vote by SMS text messaging if you register your mobile phone on artprize.org. Once registered, send the artist’s Up or Down number to 808080.
- Free Mobile App – Download the ArtPrize iPhone app from the iTunes store or the Android app from the Android Marketplace.